Friday, February 27, 2009

A quick note about the blog "goodies"

Over to the right you see I have added a small banner add for Monergism Books. I am an affiliate, and if you purchase a book through that add (which is a link), I earn a small commission. Don't ask me how much, no one has ever done it :-P. But it is there primarily because I believe you could literally buy every book they offer and never get a turkey and be edified by them all. There's no ridiculous heresies, financial success books, or popular psychology junk for sale at Monergism Books. If you are feeling spiritually famished, I recommend Monergism Books. And when you buy from them, you are supporting the incredible ministry of Monergism.com which is transforming hearts by the grace of God, a definitely worthy cause.

The second item of mention is the E-Sword add banner. I earn no commission with E-Sword, as it is a free bible study software program with lots of goodies. There are dozens of free modules including different bible translations, dictionaries, commentaries, maps, devotionals and, more. Most of the free modules are so old that they are public property but here's a tip- that's where all the good stuff is! I would recommend for starters you download the ESV translation, the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge commentary (which is actually thousands of cross references), and Nave's and Torrey's topical dictionaries.

The third item is a counter. You knew that.

The fourth item is a Google Custom search, which is tailored to give priority when searching to some of the best Reformed resource sites on the internet including Monergism, A Puritan's Mind, Founders Ministries etc. Type in a theological topic and read for days at your pleasure.

I plan to add more links, a book list and more in the future, so even if my own contribution is lame, you are sure to be able to use this blog as a springboard to many useful things.

Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment