Monday, February 23, 2009

First Blog Post

I have been considering a blog for a while now, and I've finally decided to throw my hat in the ring. I have been hesitant, as I am not sure I have anything new to offer. This is not my first foray into the world of Internet armchair theology. I have a website (http://livelystn.madpage.com/) that I haven't updated in quite a while. It still has a lot of useful information there (mainly by way of links) and a search able collection of confessional materials that from my Internet wanderings seems to be rather unique.

I like the way this minimalist template looks; it's rather classy to my taste and I think I will leave it. A blog should be about the content, not the eye candy, and the minimalist look is conducive to that. Google's stuff is almost always good. And I've noticed that a lot of my favorite Reformed bloggers use Blogger, so I feel I'm in the right neighborhood.

I notice as I compose this post that the program is very smooth and I'm liking that auto save feature. The "Edit HTML" feature is a nice and unexpected plus, in case I ever want to get fancy. The spellchecker is always welcome (and much needed in my case).

This blog, Lord willing, will be about my thoughts and reflections on Scripture, culture and various topics of theology. My title description should let those who normally look at these kinds of blogs know what I'm about. I feel a bit overwhelmed by the responsibility of presenting the gospel on the Internet. It is not something to take lightly, as I fear too many today do. Remember James' warning: James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

I pray that those who read this blog will be blessed in the doing, with thanksgiving to God, to the praise of His glory, for Christ's sake. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment